Handmade leather Jackets
Experience a bespoke service by Bridie of Born To Thread.
Rocking Handcrafted Leather Jackets
The Biker jacket – this jacket has been a staple piece throughout the years of fashion and has grown increasingly popular to wear with wedding dresses – Hell Yeah!
My idea for making leather jackets came to me in 2016 where I discovered samples of leather that looked amazing and though it would be a really fun to have a go at making one so I did and this really ignited a passion in me for leather craft.. I taught myself how to make a jacket from an existing one I had, then developed the patterns to change the style and create the perfect fit.
The biker jacket can be seen as a bit masculine at times but that is where mine are different, I have worked hard on my designs within the shape and style to add femininity, softness and a blending of lush colours you are guaranteed to feel the bomb in one.
It also happens to be a personal favourite item of mine which is why I absolutely love making them.
Each one of my leather jackets are made from high quality leather sourced from an ethical leather merchant in Northampton UK and hand crafted by my fair hands from my small studio in North Yorkshire UK.
I have options for plain jacket or an added personalised back patch to your requirements, where each design is hand drawn and cut out in specialised fabrics to create a true investment piece just for you.
How to order a jacket:
- Purchase your choice of jacket through my shop or contact me via email
- When ordering please state what name you would like to use on the back and the colours you would like to use or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can chat further.
- I will then draw up your design using your choice of colours in mind and will then send it over to you to confirm design
- Your jacket and patch will then be fully made up from scratch by me and I will then contact you to show how the patch looks on the back, once your happy I will then finish off the jacket and it will be ready to post.
- Jackets in the UK are sent via Royal Mail Standard or Tracked (options available at the checkout) I do ship worldwide and orders are sent via Royal Mail (options available at the checkout)
- Jackets come in size 8 to 18, I do offer plus size but please contact me first as I like to do them to your measurement to ensure a perfect fit
Read more about them on my blog post here
So, if you’re looking for that edgy style on your wedding day or even just for every day, then my handcrafted leather jackets are just for you.
Back patches: Have a certain theme, colour way or even a favourite film/ tv programme –no idea to big or too small, I’m always up for a challenge.
Ready to wear jackets are available to buy from the born to shop page where you can invest in one of my hand drawn designs but if you have a specific design in mind please contact me as the price may differ, I’m already excited to hear your ideas.
*The process can take 3 to 4 weeks (depending on the design ) Jackets are non returnable or refundable due to this been made to order service, so please make sure to double check sizing before ordering and please order in plenty of time.
Born to Shop
Handmade black biker jacket with dripped glitter lips back patch£223.00
Handmade Ladies Biker Jacket With Customised Back Patch£218.00 – £350.00
Handmade Ladies Cropped Biker Jacket With Customised Back Patch£218.00 – £350.00
Handmade pink biker jacket with ‘Wild Side’ embellished back patch£220.00
Join Born to Thread and keep up to date
with my projects and offers!
Sign Up To Born to Thread's Sewcial News...
Get in touch...
Born to Thread process secure online and telephone payments via PayPal.